ASSESS THE THREAT.
COUNTER THE DANGER.
ESCAPE THE KILLZONE.
In a dangerous world, everyone needs protection.
No one suspects that a teenager could protect someone – but Connor Reeves is no ordinary 14 year old. He’s a professional bodyguard trained in surveillance, anti-ambush techniques, hostage survival and unarmed combat. When he’s summoned to protect the President’s daughter, his protection skills face the ultimate test.
Alicia doesn’t want to be guarded. She just wants to have fun. With no clue that Connor is her bodyguard, she tries to escape the Secret Service and lead him astray. But unknown to her and Connor, a terrorist sleeper cell has been activated.
Its mission: to take the President’s daughter HOSTAGE.
Available in paperback and audio
- ‘Breaktaking action... as real as it gets’ – Eoin Colfer, author of the bestselling Artemis Fowl series
- ‘Bone-crunching action adventure’ – Financial Times
- 'A gripping page-turner that children aged 10+ won't be able to put down' – Red House
- 'Will wrestle you to the ground and leave you breathless. 5 Stars' – Flipside Magazine
- 'This is one of the best children's action thrillers I've read' – The Guardian Children’s Books website
- 'Bradford has combined Jack Bauer, James Bond, and Alex Rider to bring us the action packed thriller' – Goodreads.com
- Brilliant Book Award 2014 (WINNER)
- Hampshire Book Award 2014 (WINNER)
- Sakura Medal 2015 (WINNER)
- All Japan Book Competition (WINNER)
- Kalbacher Rattlesnake Award 2016 - Germany (WINNER)
- Spellbinding Book Award 2014 (Top 3)
- Scottish Book Trust Top Ten Book for Reluctant Readers 2016
- CILIP Carnegie Medal 2014 (nomination)
- Amazing Book Award 2014 (shortlist)
- Doncaster Book Award 2014 (nomination)
- Portsmouth Book Award 2014 (shortlist)
- Lanarkshire Catalyst 2014 (longlist)
- Hounslow Teen Read 2014 (shortlist)
- Southhamption Favourite Book Award 2014 (shortlist)